- Masters degree from University of North Florida
- Bachelors degree from University of California, Santa Barbara
- Gottman Certification; Gottman Method Training Level 1, 2, and 3
- Emotionally Focused Therapy Training
- Prepare/Enrich Certified Facilitator
- EMDR Training
- Qualified Supervisor of Therapist Interns
- State Approved Parent Coordinator and Family Mediator
Debbie Sawicki-Lake, M.A., LMHC
One of just a handful of counselors in the state of Florida to have earned the distinction of full certification from the Gottman Institute, Debbie Sawicki-Lake is the Senior Therapist and owner of Positive Steps Counseling.
Since 2004, Debbie has helped hundreds of couples repair, rejuvenate, and transform their relationships.
Now, splitting her time between the management of Positive Steps and seeing clients, Debbie continues to make a difference by ensuring that Central Florida couples have access to the very best and most effective couples counseling possible.
“We are truly fortunate here at Positive Steps to have some of the best, most competent and compassionate couples therapists anywhere.”
When not working with a couple or studying the most recent research and methods for couples counseling, Debbie enjoys a good cup of coffee and spending time with her adoring husband and beautiful daughter.